Communication and Public Awareness
Comments and Questions
Public Comment Requested on Regional Transportation Plans and Projects
August 7 – September 5, 2019
Public comments are now being accepted on:
- Transportation projects listed in the DRAFT FY2020-2026 Regional Transportation Improvement Program
- The required air quality conformity demonstration for Northern Ada County for projects in the DRAFT Regional Transportation Improvement Program
- The FY2020 federal Program of Projects proposed for funding by Valley Regional Transit. The COMPASS public participation process is being used to satisfy Valley Regional Transit’s Urbanized Area Formula Grant Program of Projects public outreach requirement.
DRAFT FY2020-2026 Regional Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) (three formats available for review)
The Regional Transportation Improvement Program, or TIP, is a multi-year budget of federally funded and “regionally significant” transportation projects in Ada and Canyon Counties. Essentially, it is a list of transportation projects with information on the project budgets.
- DRAFT detailed project list
- Most detailed information of the three formats; includes project description, funding sources, and specific performance measures the projects meet
- Includes the FY2020 federal Program of Projects proposed for funding by Valley Regional Transit (also provided separately below); the COMPASS public participation process is being used to satisfy Valley Regional Transit’s Urbanized Area Formula Grant Program of Projects public outreach requirement.
- DRAFT basic project list
- Same projects as the detailed list above, but with only project name, year, and cost
- DRAFT major changes list
- Only includes those projects that are new or changed from the current (FY2019-2023) TIP
- Additional Information
DRAFT Air Quality Conformity Demonstration
DRAFT Air Quality Conformity Demonstration This document contains the estimated air quality impacts associated with the draft TIP. The estimated impacts demonstrate that the projects contained in the TIP meet air quality conformity requirements for Northern Ada County.
- Additional Information
- Fact Sheet: Air Quality Conformity 101
FY2020 Federal Program of Projects Proposed for Funding by Valley Regional Transit
- Public transportation project List
- The COMPASS public participation process is being used to satisfy Valley Regional Transit’s Urbanized Area Formula Grant program of projects public outreach requirement.
Comments must be submitted in writing and received no later than 11:59 pm, Thursday, September 5, 2019. Comment forms and other materials are available:
- At the COMPASS office
- 700 NE 2nd Street, Suite 200, Meridian
- 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
- At libraries and other public locations
- At an open house (See below)
Questions? Want more information?
Attend an open house to learn about transportation projects and submit your comments.
- Tuesday, August 13, 2019
- 3:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- Brief presentations from COMPASS and local transportation agency staff will begin at 6:00 pm
- COMPASS; 700 NE 2nd Street, Meridian, Idaho 83642
Those needing assistance, including assistance in submitting written comments, may call 208/855-2558 with 48 hours advance notice. Personas que necesitan asistencia, favor de llamar al número 208/855-2558 con 48 horas de anticipación.
Public Comments Received During Recent Comment Periods
- FY2019-2023 TIP: Amendment #7 (Public Comment Period: June 17-July 1, 2019)
- FY2019-2023 TIP: Amendment #6 (Public Comment Period: May 1-15, 2019)
- FY2019-2023 TIP: Amendment #5 (Public Comment Period: April 1-15, 2019)