People, Structure, and Committees
Fiscal Year 2015 Annual Report: Public Transportation Planning
Public transportation is a key component of any robust transportation system. COMPASS is assessing public transportation needs and options in Ada and Canyon Counties to inform the update to Communities in Motion 2040 (CIM 2040 2.0) and define the role of public transportation in the overall regional transportation system in the long term.
- Contracted with Kittelson and Associates to develop a long-range public transportation framework and network. The framework sets thresholds and standards for different public transportation services, while the network identifies future public transportation services needed in 2040 based on the land use projections described in CIM 2040.
- Supports Strategic Plan Objectives 4.1, Lead a process to coordinate local land use planning, transportation planning, and development and 4.4, Update planning documents
- Provided support to Valley Regional Transit in securing and implementing a Mobility Design Challenge Grant from the National Center for Mobility Management for identifying solutions to improve healthcare access.
- Supports Strategic Plan Objective 4.1, Lead a process to coordinate local land use planning, transportation planning, and development
- Convened a work group to discuss the appropriate steps for evaluating and implementing a regional high capacity public transportation service in Ada and Canyon Counties.
- Supports Strategic Plan Objectives 4.1, Lead a process to coordinate local land use planning, transportation planning, and development; 4.2, Implement adopted plans; and 4.4, Update planning documents