Products, Services, and Data
Congestion Management System
Treasure Valley Incident Management Operations Manual (I-84/I-184 Detour Plan) UpdateThis project updates the 2008 Treasure Valley Incident Management Operations Manual – referred to as the “I-84/I-184 Detour Plan”- detour routes based on stakeholder input, roadway changes and ITS deployments since 2008. The revised detour routes will be made available as web-based electronic maps.
Treasure Valley Transportation System: Operations, Management, and ITS (March 2014) (14MB)
Draft Regional Communications Infrastructure by Owner (November 2014) (4.9 MB)
Treasure Valley ITS Architecture
In 1991, the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA) required metropolitan planning organizations in Transportation Management Areas (TMAs) to implement a Congestion Management System (CMS). An urbanized area is designated a TMA when its population exceeds 200,000. The results of the 2000 decennial census indicated that the population of the urbanized area in Northern Ada County was 272,625. Therefore, on July 8, 2002 the Federal Highway Administration officially designated the urbanized area in Northern Ada County as a TMA. The Treasure Valley CMS Plan can be found at the link below.
Treasure Valley CMS Plan (3/25/2005)(10.5MB)
In addition, the results from other annual data collection efforts are also available. The annual system progress reports can be found below.
- 2015 Annual CMS Report (2.26 MB)
- 2014 Annual CMS Report (2.89MB)
- 2014 Congestion Maps
- 2013 Annual CMS Report (1.02MB)
- 2013 Congestion Maps
- 2012 Annual CMS Report (1.81MB)
- 2012 Congestion Maps (1.22MB
- 2011 Annual CMS Report (1.19MB)
- 2011 Congestion Maps (1.14MB)
- 2010 Annual CMS Report (2.63MB)
- 2010 Congestion Maps(1.11MB)
- 2009 Annual CMS Report (2.72MB)
- 2009 Congestion Maps (1.30MB)
- 2008 Annual CMS Report (1.46MB)
- 2008 Congestion Maps (1.06MB)
- 2007 Annual CMS Report (1MB)
- 2007 Congestion Maps
- 2006 Annual CMS Report (1.3MB)
- 2006 Congestion Maps (1.3MB)
- 2005 Annual CMS Report (3/10/2006) (1.3MB)
- 2005 Congestion Maps (1.4MB)
- 2004 Annual CMS Report (3/15/2005) (6.6MB)
- 2004 Congestion Maps (1.6MB)
If you have any questions regarding the CMS Plan or Annual Report, contact MaryAnn Waldinger at 475-2242.
The CMS travel time data set used to create the Annual CMS Reports is available below for the years 2003 through 2008. The data set contains the higher of the AM or PM peak travel time averages for each sampled roadway segment.
2003-2010 CMS Data Archive (08/2010)