Products, Services, and Data
Growth and Transportation System Monitoring
COMPASS tracks land development changes to get a better sense of demands on the transportation system. COMPASS has several monitoring projects that report on key indicators tied to goals and objectives in Communities in Motion, the regional long-range transportation plan for Ada and Canyon Counties. In most cases, the measurements will be tracked across a period of time to allow the reader to see if change is occurring. The analysis will be used in decisions on transportation investments, future land use forecasts, and future planning.
COMPASS produces five products that form a package to align land development and Communities in Motion.
- Change in Motion Reports - reports that track the progress of implementing Communities in Motion
- Development Monitoring Report - an overview and data of development activity
- Preliminary Plat Tracking
- Development Checklist - tool for local governments to evaluate how land developments align with the goals of Communities in Motion 2040 and the Communities in Motion 2040 Vision (pdf).
- Development Review Protocol (pdf) - a process for reviewing developments in context of the Communities in Motion goals
For more information contact: Carl Miller, (208) 475-2239.