The Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is a short-range (3-5 year) capital improvement program (budget) of transportation projects consistent with federal regulations and area policies and strategies. The TIP lists all projects for which federal funds are anticipated, along with non-federally funded projects that are regionally significant. The TIP represents the transportation improvement priorities of the region and is required by federal law. The list includes roadway and public transit projects. For more information contact: Toni Tisdale, 475-2238.
COMPASS produces a TIP for both the Northern Ada County and Nampa Urbanized Area and updates the document annually. The list of TIP projects must be endorsed by the COMPASS Board. The Department of Transportation requires that all projects in the TIP be derived from an approved long range transportation plan, meet air quality requirements and be financially constrained to the amount of funds that are expected to be available. The TIP shows the estimated costs and projected construction schedule of transportation projects. The TIP brochure describes in more detail how the TIP is developed.
Proposed Amendment to FY2013-2017 Regional Transportation Improvement Program
COMPASS is seeking public comment on a proposed amendment the FY2013-2017 Regional Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) to change the year of implementation/construction of four projects:
- Transit, GoRide Job Access: move from FY2014 to FY2013.
- I-84, Eisenman Interchange to Indian Creek Bridge (westbound), pavement rehabilitation: move from FY2015 to FY2013.
- I-84, Eisenman Interchange to Indian Creek Bridge (eastbound), pavement rehabilitation: move from FY2014 to FY2013.
- I-84, Meridian Interchange to Five Mile Road, realign and rebuild: move from FY2013 to FY2014.
Details of the proposed changes can be found by clicking here or by contacting COMPASS at 208/475-2238.
Comments must be submitted in writing (via email or letter) and received no later than 12:00 pm (noon), Monday, June 17, 2013.
Direct comments and questions to Toni Tisdale, Principal Planner, COMPASS, 700 NE 2nd Street, Suite 200, Meridian, ID 83642; email@example.com; or fax to 208/855-2559.
Those needing assistance may call 475-2229 with 48 hours advance notice. Personas que necesitan asistencia especial, favor de llamar al número 475-2229 con 48 horas de anticipación.
Public Involvement Plan
FY2013-2017 Regional Transportation Improvement Program (4.8 MB) (6/7/13)
- Public comment period: August 27 – September 25, 2012
- Public comments (summary)
- Public comments (verbatim)
- Administrative Modification #1, October 29, 2012
- Administrative Modification #2, November 16, 2012
- Amendment #1, November 27, 2012
- Administrative Modification #3, December 19, 2012
- Administrative Modification #4, January 9, 2013
- Amendment #2, January 28, 2013
- Amendment #3, February 25, 2013
- Administrative Modification #5, February 25, 2013
- Administrative Modification #6, March 3, 2013
- Administrative Modification #7, March 6, 2013
- Administrative Modification #8, March 27, 2013
- Administrative Modification #9, April 16, 2013
- Administrative Modification #10, May 7, 2013
- Administartive Modification #11, June 31, 2013
- Year of Expenditure Format -
Public Involvement Plan
Transportation Improvement Program Amendment Policy (12/20/2010)
- To view policy, click here.
Transportation Financial Reports
3C Local Mobility Network Plan
Project Prioritization Process
Safety Scoring Stratification Roadways and Intersections
- Download Applications: (other formats available by calling 475-2238)
To view Archives web page click here.