Products, Services, and Data
Transportation Improvement Program
The Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is a short-range (3-5 year) capital improvement program (budget) of transportation projects consistent with federal regulations and area policies and strategies. The TIP lists all projects for which federal funds are anticipated, along with non-federally funded projects that are regionally significant. The TIP represents the transportation improvement priorities of the region and is required by federal law. The list includes roadway and public transit projects. For more information contact: Toni Tisdale, 475-2238.
COMPASS produces a regional TIP for both the Northern Ada County and Nampa Urbanized Area and updates the document annually. The list of TIP projects must be endorsed by the COMPASS Board. The U.S. Department of Transportation requires that all projects in the TIP be derived from an approved long range transportation plan, meet air quality requirements and be financially constrained to the amount of funds that are expected to be available. The TIP shows the estimated costs and projected construction schedule of transportation projects. The TIP brochure describes in more detail how the TIP is developed.
The Idaho Transportation Department’s Idaho Transportation Investment Program (ITIP) and Ada County Highway District’s Integrated Five-Year Work Plan provide information on additional transportation projects not included in the TIP.
FY2014-2018 Regional Transportation Improvement Program
FY2014-2018 Regional Transportation Improvement Program (5.6 MB) (3/26/14)
- Public comment Period: August 5 - September 4, 2013
- Public comments received (verbatim)
- Administrative Modification #1, October 25, 2013
- Amendment #1, November 18, 2013
- Administrative Modification #2, November 22, 2013
- Amendment #2, December 16, 2013
- No public comment received.
- Administrative Modification #3, December 23, 2013
- Amendment #3, January 27, 2014
- Administrative Modification #4, March 4, 2014
- Administrative Modification #5, March 24, 2014
- Project List - Year of Expenditure Format (Inflated costs) -
- Project List - Current Dollar Format-
- Final Detailed Project List (sorted by project name) (3/26/14)
- Final Basic Project List (sorted by project name) (3/26/14)
- Map of TIP project list showing Environmental Justice consideration areas
- Final Conformity Demonstration of the FY2014-2018 Regional Transportation Improvement Program
- FY2015-2019 TIP Development Calendar
- FY2014-2018 TIP Development Calendar
- FY2013-2017 TIP Development Calendar
ANNUAL LISTING OF PROJECTS
Transportation Improvement Program Amendment Policy (12/20/2010)
- To view policy, click here.
Transportation Service Coordination Plan for Ada and Canyon Counties (3D LMMN Plan)
Transportation Services Coordination Plans are developed to maximize existing public transit services, increase the efficiency of those services, and secure additional funding for these services. Specifically, they fulfill a federal requirement to develop a plan to access applicable Federal Transit Administration funds. The update of the current plan will recognize an official change in the coordination planning boundary from the previous plan that covered six counties (the 3C LMMN [local mobility management network] plan), to one that covers just Ada and Canyon Counties (3D LMMN plan). This boundary change came about through negotiations with metropolitan planning organizations (MPOs) in Idaho and the Idaho Transportation Department to better reflect the unique governance structure and planning process that occurs within MPO planning area boundaries.
- Link to DRAFT Transportation Service Coordination Plan for Ada and Canyon Counties (3D LMMN Plan) (pdf)
- Link to DRAFT 3D Transportation Services Coordination Plan needs and strategies (pdf)
- Link to Valley Regional Transit's Mobility Programs
- Local Short Application
- Draft Transit Prioritization Process
- I-Way Application Process
Project Prioritization Process
- Project Prioritization Process (Approved by the COMPASS Board on 7/19/10)
- Freight Corridor Map and Scoring Sheet
- Download Applications: (other formats available by calling 475-2238)
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Paved Pathways
- Public Transportation - Capital
- Public Transportation - Maintenance
- Roadways - Capital
- Roadways - Maintenance
- Travel Demand Management
- Transportation Alternatives Program Application
- Transportation Alternatives Program Guide
- ITD Form 1150 (for Excel version, contact email@example.com)
- ITD Form 2435 (for Word version, contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
To view Archives web page click here.