Products, Services, and Data
Transportation Improvement Program
|Public Comment on DRAFT FY2016-2020 Regional Transportation Improvement Program||Public Involvement Plans|
|FY2015-2019 Regional Transportation Improvement Program||Forms|
The Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is a short-range (3-5 year) capital improvement program (budget) of transportation projects consistent with federal regulations and area policies and strategies. The TIP lists all projects for which federal funds are anticipated, along with non-federally funded projects that are regionally significant. The TIP represents the transportation improvement priorities of the region and is required by federal law. The list includes roadway and public transit projects. For more information contact: Toni Tisdale, 475-2238.
COMPASS produces a regional TIP for both the Northern Ada County and Nampa Urbanized Area and updates the document annually. The list of TIP projects must be endorsed by the COMPASS Board. The U.S. Department of Transportation requires that all projects in the TIP be derived from an approved long range transportation plan, meet air quality requirements and be financially constrained to the amount of funds that are expected to be available. The TIP shows the estimated costs and projected construction schedule of transportation projects. The TIP brochure describes in more detail how the TIP is developed. (English/Español)
The Idaho Transportation Department’s Idaho Transportation Investment Program (ITIP) and Ada County Highway District’s Integrated Five-Year Work Plan provide information on additional transportation projects not included in the TIP.
More information on understanding the TIP:
- The TIP: What it is and why you should care
- Making sense of the TIP
- TIP brochure (English/Español) (updated annually to describe in detail how the TIP is developed)
- Funding source fact sheet
Public comment on transportation projects in the DRAFT FY2016-2020 Regional Transportation Improvement Program is open between July 20 – August 18, 2015. COMPASS requests feedback on:
- Projects in the Draft FY2016–2020 Regional Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
- Draft FY2016 federal Program of Projects proposed for funding by Valley Regional Transit (Also included in the draft TIP)
Comment forms are available online below, at the COMPASS office (700 NE 2nd Street, Suite 200, Meridian) from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday, and at public libraries around the Treasure Valley:
Comments must be submitted in writing and received no later than 11:59 pm, Tuesday, August 18, 2015. Complete an online comment form online or send comments to T. Tisdale, COMPASS, 700 NE 2nd Street, Suite 200, Meridian, ID 83642; email@example.com; or fax to 208/855-2559.
Staff will be available to answer questions and take comments at an open house on Tuesday, August 4, 2015, in the COMPASS first floor Board room, 700 NE 2nd Street, Meridian, 10:00 am – 7:30 pm. If you have questions or need additional information, but can’t make it to the open house, call 208/855-2558, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those needing assistance, including assistance in submitting written comments, may call 208/855-2558 with 48 hours advance notice.
COMPASS busca comentarios en un presupuesto que muestra dónde los dólares federales de transporte se gastarán en los próximos cinco años en los condados de Ada y Canyon (año fiscal 2016-2020). El presupuesto, llamado el Programa de Mejoramiento del Tránsito Regional (TIP), incluye el Programa federal de los Proyectos propuestos para financiación por el Tránsito Regional del Valle de 2016.
Además, COMPASS busca comentarios con una demostración de conformidad de la calidad del aire para el norte del condado de Ada. Se requiere esta demostración en unas áreas, tal como el norte del condado de Ada, donde la calidad del aire no cumplía con las normas federales en el pasado. La demostración debe mostrar que los proyectos que figuran en el TIP ya cumplen con los planes de calidad del aire del estado.
El personal estará disponible para responder preguntas y tomar los comentarios en una casa abierta en Martes, 04 de agosto 2015 en el COMPASS primer piso Sala de Juntas, 700 NE 2nd Street, Meridian, 10:00 am - 7:30 pm.
Personas que necesitan asistencia, favor de llamar al número 208/855-2558 con 48 horas de anticipación.
FY2015-2019 Regional Transportation Improvement Program (5 KB) (7/20/15)
- Public comment period: August 11 - September 9, 2014
- Public comments received (during original public comment period)
- Public comment period: September 19 - October 3, 2014
- Public comments received (during second public comment period)
- Public comments received (during second public comment period)
- Administrative Modification #1, November 6, 2014
- Amendment #1, December 15, 2014
- Administrative Modification #2, December 15, 2014
- Administrative Modification #3, January 15, 2015
- Amendment #2, January 26, 2015
- Amendment #3, March 16, 2015
- Administrative Modification #4, March 19, 2015
- Administrative Modification #5, April 14, 2015
- Amendment #4, April 20, 2015
- Administrative Modification #6, May 20,2015
- Administrative Modification #7, June 4, 2015
- Administrative Modification #8, June 12, 2015
- Amendment #5, June 15, 2015
- No public comments received
- Amendment #6, June 15, 2015
- Administrative Modification #9, July 6, 2015
- Project List – Year of Expenditure Format (Inflated costs) (Most commonly used by federal agencies)
- Final Project List (sorted by project name) (7/20/15)
- Project List – Current Dollar Format (most commonly used at the local level)
- Final Detailed Project List (sorted by project name) (7/20/15)
- Final Basic Project List (sorted by project name) (7/20/15)
- Map of TIP project list showing Environmental Justice consideration areas
- Revised map of draft TIP project list showing Environmental Justice consideration areas (PDF)
- Official FY2015-2019 TUP Dashboard Map
- Regional Transportation Improvement Program Public Involvement Plan (Chapter 5 of the COMPASS Integrated Communication Plan/Public Involvement Plan)
- FY2016-2020 TIP Development Calendar
- FY2015-2019 TIP Development Calendar
- FY2014-2018 TIP Development Calendar
- FY2013-2017 TIP Development Calendar
Annual Listing of Projects
- Status of FY2014 Projects (December 2014)
- Status of FY2013 Projects (December 2013)
- Status of FY2012 Projects (January 2013)
- To view policy, click here.
Transportation Service Coordination Plan for Ada and Canyon Counties (3D LMMN Plan)
Transportation Services Coordination Plans are developed to maximize existing public transportation services, increase the efficiency of those services, and secure additional funding for these services. Specifically, they fulfill a federal requirement to develop a plan to access applicable Federal Transit Administration funds.
- Transportation Service Coordination Plan for Ada and Canyon Counties (3D LMMN Plan) 2014
- Link to Valley Regional Transit's Mobility Programs
- Local Short Application (pdf) (MS Word version available upon request)
- Draft Transit Prioritization Process (pdf)
- I-Way Application Process
Project Prioritization Process
- Project Prioritization Process (Approved by the COMPASS Board on 7/19/10)
- Freight Corridor Map and Scoring Sheet
- Safety Scoring Stratification Roadways and Intersections
- Rural Prioritization Process (Approved by COMPASS Board on 8/20/12)
- Download Applications: (other formats available by calling 475-2238)
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Paved Pathways
- Public Transportation - Capital
- Public Transportation - Maintenance
- Roadways - Capital
- Roadways - Maintenance
- Travel Demand Management
- Transportation Alternatives Program Application
- Transportation Alternatives Program Guide
- ITD Form 1150
- ITD Form 2435
- ITD Form 0414
To view Archives web page click here.