Products, Services, and Data
2017 COMPASS Freight Study
In 2017, COMPASS commissioned a freight study to inform freight planning in Communities in Motion 2040 2.0.
The key outcomes of this study were to:
- Identify freight corridors and related land use needs, including information about industrial uses and stakeholders along Union Pacific Railroad spur lines
- Create a profile of the regionally most important freight commodities and supply chains and summarize the contribution of freight to the region’s economy
- Identify freight‐specific projects and/or policies to address maintenance needs, improve safety, mitigate choke points, and manage congestion
The project results in a final report, nine “working papers,” and two addendums.
- Freight Commodities and Supply Chains
- Freight Needs
- Freight Safety
- Freight System Reliability
- Inventory of Industrial Uses and Future Zoning on UPRR Spurs
- Model Freight Ordinance Guidance
- Prioritization of Freight Improvements
- Regional Freight Clusters
- Regional Freight Corridors
Learn more: Contact Liisa Itkonen at 208/475-2241 or firstname.lastname@example.org.